- B.A. in History from Buena Vista University 1999
- M.S. in Education Administration and Supervision from University of Nebraska-Omaha 2010
- Ed.S. in Administration from William Woods University 2014
- Building Principal DeKalb Middle/High School, Buchanan County R-IV School District 2013-Present
- Assistant Principal Spring Garden Middle School, St. Joseph School District 2011-2013
- History Teacher La Vista Junior High, Papillion-La Vista School District, NE 2000-2011
- Teacher Pope John Central Catholic XXIII, Elgin, NE 1999-2000
After initially starting at the University of Notre Dame to become a civil engineer, I changed my mind and decided to become an educator. It was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. In my many years of education, I have not only been a teacher but coached several sports as well. My father was in the Air Force so I grew up all over the country spending time in Colorado, Texas, and South Carolina before finally settling in Nebraska. I’ve been married to my wife, Carrie, for 21 years. We have 2 kids, Mikayla and Justin. Mikayla will be starting her Freshman year at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln in the Fall, and Justin will be a Junior here at DeKalb. If I’m not here at school or at a DeKalb sporting event, then you can probably catch me at a Chiefs game, watching the Cubs, or hunting.